Sunday, June 22, 2008

Emotional Intelligence - EI as they say

There I was in the seminar today for the so called leadership building sitting right in front table of this typical south indian guy with curly black hair, with an average body who was suppose to give us some gyan about "How to build the leadership skills?". Can leadership qualities be build in 6 hrs session, only if it was that simple, why there are only 2 ambanis? Anyways, later this person tries to break the ice by asking "what are the qualities that a leader should possess?" and goes without saying I was the person sitting right in front of him, "So Paresh let's start with you." And I thought why did i wakeup so early today and even if i managed to why was i so curious to sit on the front table. The first thing came in my mind is EI and the very next second it was out of my mouth , Guess he was expecting some basics and I said to myself why did i said that? Obviously now given a spark to his intelligence , he replied "So what do you know by EI?". So the war has began now however replied him back saying that you only asked to mention the qualities and not expain them. Wo this is going to get bad i cursed my self. Then he asked me are you emotional person, and i said that's for you to judge and me to react. Never the less i won the battle for the time being and he said we will get back to EI and then moved on to next able.
I am very much fascinated by EI from the time i heard this and the wonders it can do for you, goes without saying that there is always black side to it. EI became very popular after the release of the book , "Emotional Intelligence," by Dr. Daniel Goleman in 1995.
EI involves Preceiving your emotions and how you can utilise on others to help get a change in their life and try problem solving. I am sure by now this is getting a lil boring, but if you start practising EI in your life you will notice the difference in you and the attitude of people towards you. But underline one thing use EI for better and not to take the advantge of situation. I Guess this if enough for you to get going and do some R&D on EI and if not who cares, wait for the next blog people ;)

No comments: